What is Analytical Reading?
Analytical Reading teaches the art and science of reading aloud.
It is based on the discovery by Nedra Newkirk Lamar of the conversational principles and patterns that we use in everyday speech.
It helps the reader see through the words to the writer's meaning and imparts the skills that enable each of us to read aloud naturally and with confidence.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to uncover the author's meaning of what they read and convey that to their listeners:
- Readers in Churches
- Bible Students
- Lawyers and Business People
- Actors and Presenters
What will I learn?
- How to apply the logical principles of emphasis and phrasing to uncover the writer's meaning
- How to bring out the writer's meaning and avoid personal misinterpretation
- How to sound natural when reading poetry, Bible verses, song lyrics or hymns
- How to make the written word come to life